15% booking fee
10% booking fee
* Above premium listing rate is in USD currency. Minimum four months listing subscription is required. When Premium listing host purchases a subscription of US 60 every 120 days, she/he would be receiving a recurring discount of US 25 / 4 months. IHA reserves the right to decline any listing without giving any reason. A criminal background check may be mandatory for both free and paid listing holders.
Becoming a host
- Becoming a homestay host for students is an excellent way to form worldwide friendships while making additional income to offset some of your home’s expenses, cost of food, and some utilities.
- If you enjoy meeting and sharing your home with students and introduce them to your family, friends, and lifestyle, then you are on your way to becoming a homestay host.
- If you have an extra furnished and comfortable guest room, and happy and cheerful environment, then you have met the agency’s requirement. Each room must offer a comfortable bed with clean linen, good lighting, desk and chair, closet, a door and a window with shade for student privacy.
- In homestay arrangement, basic utilities and WiFi must be included in a homestay rate that you offer to a student. For most students nowadays consider high-speed access Internet as important as having water in your taps.
- All members of your house hold should be able to welcome students, speak English all times when the student is present, and be able to assist them in any way they can. You should be able to meet students when they arrive at your home, and able to show them around your home and neighborhood.
- Please avoid that a student gets lost on their first day or become unable to reach on the phone should they still get lost in town. Ensure that student will have a good map, home address, or contact card before she/he goes out first time alone.
- As part of being a good host, you should be able to advise students on how to stay safe around the area, show them how to commute to and from school or college, where to shop for additional food, snacks or clothing. Inform them of best ways to use the public transit network in your city for faster and easy commutes.
- Give them information about attractions and fun places to see would be very helpful too. Include them in fun activities with your family if you can. Some student may be able to opt-in and pay their own cost for these activities.