How to become a homestay host?
To become a homestay host for international students and guests is an excellent way to form worldwide friendships while making an additional income to offset some of your home’s expenses, cost of food, and utilities. You enjoy meeting and sharing your home with students and introduce them to your family, friends, and lifestyle, and then you are on your way to becoming a homestay host.
You have an extra furnished and comfortable guest room and happy environment. Each guestroom must offer a comfortable bed with clean linen, good lighting, a desk and chair, a closet, a door, and a window with shade for student privacy.
Note that essential utilities and WiFi must be included in your homestay rate that you offer to a student in a homestay arrangement. Most students nowadays consider high-speed access Internet as necessary as having water in your home. All members of your household should be able to welcome students, speak English at all times when the student is present, and assist them in any way they can. You should be able to meet students when they arrive at your home and ready to show them around your home and neighbourhood. Please ensure that the student will have a good map, home address, or contact card before she/he goes out first time alone.
As part of being a good host or ambassador, you should advise students on how to stay safe around the area, show them how to commute to and from school or college, and shop for food, snacks, or clothing. In addition, inform them of the best ways to use the public transit network in your city for faster and easy commutes. Give students information about the attractions and fun places to visit would be very helpful too. Include them in fun activities with your family if you can. Some students may opt-in and pay their own cost for these activities if you ask them.
Homestay earnings start from:
Why list your homestay with our homestay agency?
- Easily list your homestay online.
- Create an anonymous listing webpage for your homestay.
- Receive sufficient information in your inbox about potential student inquiries in your area.
- Accept or decline any homestay inquiries with a click of a button.
- Complete your homestay offer in minutes.
- When a student is interested in your offer, a coordinator will contact you.
- Receive help with signing a standard homestay booking agreement with the student.
- The above-demonstrated pricing schedule may vary and includes agency commission.
- All homestay fees are subject to a minimum of 7% agency commission depending on the length of homestay booking.